- Associate Professor, Computer Science
- B.Sc. (Honor’s) in Mathematics, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- M. Sc. in Applied Mathematics, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- M. Sc. in Computer Science, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand
- Ph.D. in Power Energy, UM Power Energy Dedicated Advanced Center (UMPEDAC), University of Malaya, Malaysia
- Extensive experience in teaching university level Mathematics including Linear Algebra, Number Theory, Calculus; Discrete Mathematics; Engineering Mathematics; Computer Science Mathematics; Operating System; Business Mathematics;, Management Information System etc.
- Wide range experience as researcher in several research projects.
- Proficient in mathematical modelling and simulation. Expert user of several simulation software
- Served as a member of Quality Assurance Centre (QAC) at university level.
- Proven track record of rendering academic management activities, such as course coordination, student counselling, student recruitment, interfaculty and interuniversity liaison.
- Conducted extensive research on photovoltaic/thermal (PV/T) systems
- Designed a novel absorber plate less thermal collector for PV/T systems
- Developed a comprehensive 3D mathematical and simulation model for PV/T systems
Master in Computer Science
- Developed software for online Intelligent Quiz System using PHP, MySQL, Apache server.
- Develop a Triangle of Business Intelligence, Performance Measurement and Knowledge Management for Modern Business Environment.
- Developed e-Commerce System for online shopping using PHP, HTML
Master in Applied Mathematics
- Conducted the investigation on a free convection and mass transfer flow which have been interest to the engineering community and to the problems of geophysics and astrophysics.
- The equation of energy and concentration are solved by analytically and the equation of momentum is solved by numerically
- Numerical simulations are solved by using superposition method.
- Research Assistant to Professor Dr. Nasrudin Abd. Rahim, Director, UMPEDAC, University of Malaya
- Worked in the Campus Smart Grid Project for Energy Security
- Carrying out background research for establishing campus network smart grid in the University of Malaya campus with a view to ensure energy security.
- Afroza Nahar, Hasanuzzaman, M., Rahim, N. A. (2017). Numerical and Experimental Investigation on the Performance of a Photovoltaic Thermal Collector with Parallel Plate Flow Channel under Different Operating Conditions in Malaysia. Solar Energy, 144, 517-528.
- Afroza Nahar, Hasanuzzaman, M., & Rahim, N. A. (2017). A Three-Dimensional Comprehensive Numerical Investigation of Different Operating Parameters on the Performance of a Photovoltaic Thermal System with Pancake Collector. Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, 139, 1-16.
- Afroza Nahar, M. Hasanuzzaman, N.A. Rahim, M. Hosenuzzaman. (2014). The effect of PV cell materials on PV system performance. Advanced Materials Research Journal, Vol. 1043: 12-16.
- M. Hosenuzzaman, N.A. Rahim, J. Selvaraj M. Hasanuzzaman, A.B.M.A. Malek, Afroza Nahar. (2015). “Global prospects, progress, policies, and environmental impact of solar photovoltaic power generation. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews,” vol. 41: 284-297.
- Islam, M. A., Hasanuzzaman, M., Rahim, N.A, Afroza Nahar, Hosenuzzaman, M. (2014). “Global Renewable Energy Based Electricity Generation and Smart Grid System for Energy Security”, The Scientific World Journal, Vol. 2014, Article ID 197136, Page 13.
- Bikash Barua, M. M. Obaidul Islam & Afroza Nahar “Use of University-Industry Knowledge Transfer Channels-The Case of American International University-Bangladesh (AIUB)”. AIUB JOURNAL OF BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS, ISSN 1683-8742, Vol. 10 No. , 2011
- Muhammad Mahbubur Rahman, Afroza Nahar, Modified Bully Algorithm using Election Commission. MASAUM Journal of Computing (MJC),Vol.1 No.3,pp.439-446,October 2009, ISSN 2076-0833
- Afroza Nahar, Hasanuzzaman, M., Rahim, N. A. (2015). Numerical Investigation of the Performance of Photovoltaic Thermal System Using Nanofluid. International Conference on Power, Energy and Communication Systems, IPECS 2015, 24th to 25th August 2015, Arau, Perlis, Malaysia.
- Afroza Nahar, M. Hasanuzzaman, N. A. Rahim, Concentrated Solar Thermal Based Power Generation, Proceeding of the 2nd Power and Energy Conversion Symposium ( PECS,2014), University Technical Malaysia, Melaka, Malaysia, 12 May 2014, pp.135-140. (Non-ISI/Non-SCOPUS Cited Publication).
- M. A. Rahman, A. H. M. R. Karim, S. Akhter, A. Nahar, K. M. Ahmed & R. M. A. P. Rajatheva, Agricultural e-Commerce for Marginalized Communities: An Effective Utilization of ICT for Bangladesh. ICNEWS, JAN’ 2 – 4, 2006, Dhaka, Bangladesh.