We are one of the largest computer science departments in the country and one of the most established. We offer a wide range of exciting honours degree programmes at graduate level (MSc).
Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS) is offered under the Faculty of Science which requires 36 credit hours. The Masters degree requires 30 credit hours (10 courses) of course work plus research thesis (6 credit hours). Students in the MSCS program must complete, present and defend a thesis. During the first two semesters all graduate students will be associated with a supervisor. Although not a requirement, a sound programming knowledge is preferable.
- Those who have completed a 4-year undergraduate program in CS, CSE, CIS, SE, CSSE, EEE, COE, ECE, MIS, Mathematics, Electronics, Physics, Applied Physics or in any other science/technical disciplines (to be decided by the Program Director) with at least 2.5 CGPA or its equivalent are eligible for admission to the MSCS program.
- Acceptable score in the AIUB administered admission test or a score of above 1100 in the Quantitative and Verbal part of GRE General Test.
- Two letters of recommendations.
- An admission test may be arranged to evaluate the candidate's formal academic ability or his/ her ability to follow the courses of study prescribed.
- Every candidate is required to qualify in the admission test (written and viva).
- After passing the admission test, students who need remedial course work (to be decided by the Program Director) may be advised to take some appropriate pre-requisite courses (may not exceed 6 credit hours) prior to taking graduate courses.